Girl Scout Troop Pre-Visit Checklist
The links below contain important information to help you prepare for your troop’s visit. Review before your trip to help make your visit stress-free.
- Photo Packages: Capture high-quality memories by adding a photo package to your Birthplace reservation. This is a great memento for girls, parents, and troop leaders!
- Accessibility: Information for everyone about how to get here, where to park, where to go on arrival, getting around the site, interpreter requests, and more.
- Circle of Friends form: In 1953 Girl Scouts from all over the world sent in dimes and dollars to help buy Juliette Gordon Low’s family home and save it from demolition. Your troop can continue the tradition of girl ownership by joining Circle of Friends, a direct donation to the Birthplace. Thank you for helping us maintain and share our house for all girls!
- Birthplace Pins and Patches: All Girl Scouts who tour the house may purchase the official Birthplace pin, worn on the front of the uniform. Bring in this completed form to get a discount per pin. Your troop can order their Birthplace fun patches on the same form!
- Order T-Shirts: Order your Juliette Low Birthplace tees before your trip and include them in your Savannah travel wear!
- A Biography of Juliette Gordon Low: You can share this short biography with your troop to get primed for what you’ll see and hear on your visit.
- Sample Girl Scouts’ Own Ceremony: A troop visit to the Birthplace traditionally includes a troop-led Girl Scouts’ Own and pinning ceremony. Also included are guidelines for creating your own Birthplace Girl Scout’s Own.
- Birthplace service projects: This gives you a few ways your troop can support the Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace and all Girl Scouts who visit here.
- Teaching Hard History: Slavery at the Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace.
Keep in mind that there may be many other troops at the birthplace during your visit and that groups of all sizes may be divided and/or combined with other groups in order to accommodate everyone. Bring SWAPs for your sister Girl Scouts and come ready to make new friends. We’re excited to see you soon!
Need more information about visiting the birthplace? Check out our FAQ, or just contact us.